Safety Tips when pulled over or approached by a police officer:
- If pulled over, turn on emergency flashers for your vehicle and turn on interior lights when stopped.
- If possible, pull into a well-lit area.
- Check to see if the vehicle is marked (Police decals/markings); if the vehicle is unmarked, the emergency lights should be built into the vehicle.
- If the officer is in uniform, check for the police insignia/patch, badge, and name tag.
- If the officer is in plain clothes, ask for identification if you do not feel comfortable.
- When in doubt, dial 9-1-1.
Recent Announcements >