Medford Lakes Police Department
The Medford Lakes Police Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Class II Special Police Officer.
Minimum Qualifications (Candidates must meet all minimum qualifications to apply)
- Satisfactory completion of a training course approved by the New Jersey Police Training Commission. Candidates must have a valid New Jersey Police Training Commission Certificate for Basic Police Officer or Special Law Enforcement Officer II (waiver eligible). Current enrollment in an academy satisfying this requirement is also acceptable.
- No obligation under NJSA 40A:14-178.
- Candidates must be a graduate from a senior high school or shall have had formal education or training showing attainment of the level represented by graduation from senior high school with a minimum of sixty (60) college credits from an accredited college. Two years of active military service (including Coast Guard service) with an honorable discharge may be substituted for the sixty college credit requirement.
- No criminal background. All successful candidates must pass a comprehensive background investigation which includes fingerprints, a medical examination and a drug test by urinalysis as well as a psychological examination where applicable. A negative result on a drug test by urinalysis is a condition of employment.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language well.
- Be of good moral character.
- A resident of the State of New Jersey.
- Valid New Jersey driver’s license.
- Candidates must be available to work any schedule, shift or assignment as ordered by the Chief of Police or his designee.
- Ability to perform all essential job functions for a police officer.
Resumes will be accepted at the Medford Lakes Police Department, located at 1 Cabin Circle Drive, Medford Lakes, NJ 08055.
Medford Lakes is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Recent Announcements >